These gifts are perfect for the beauty lover in your life, or even to pamper yourself with. Pro tip: don’t be afraid to break up the gift sets and give them out to more than a few friends.
Hair stylist Laura Mazzaferro (the only person I trust with my locks) recommends Olaplaex Hair Perfector #3 take home treatment, perfect for those with dry, color treated or damaged hair, making color last longer, while rebonding broken strands. Redken’s WindBlown50 adds just the right amount of texture and volume without weighing down you mane. Perfect stocking stuffers!
Younger looking skin will you sleep? Sign me up. The illuminage Skin Rejuvenation Pillowcase does just that! The pillowcase fibers are carefully embedded with Cupron® Copper Oxide technology, it’s clinically proven to reduce the appearance of wrinkles for smoother, younger-looking skin in as little as four weeks with a continuing effect over time.
One of the only bummers about traveling are hotel blowdryers. Don’t fret about that again, take Drybar’s Ultimate Travel Set with you. A little birdy also told me Boston is getting a new Drybar location, in downtown crossing!
2. Sephora Holy Sheet! Sheet Set – $48.00 ($100 value)
3. illuminage Rejuvenating Pillow Case – $60
4. Redken Windblown 05 – $19
5. Drybar Ultimate Travel Essentials Kit – $134
6. Fresh Sugar Lip Seduction Set – $50
Pineapples are everywhere, and we have a serious obsession. We’ve rounded up some of our favorite pineapple lovers gift ideas, all under $75.
Succulents need a planter as cute as they are. Look no further, this pineapple vase and planter does just the trick.
Pillows are an easy and interchangeable way to switch things up in your living room. We’ve got our eyes on this gold watercolor print cover.
Brush up on your bartending skills with this gold pineapple cocktail shaker and serve in gold (or copper) tumblers. A shaker with this much style is sure to steal the show (or maybe it’s your fruity drinks).
Which is more real – the cheese obsession or the pineapple craze? Check both loves off the list with this marble pineapple cheese board.
Tall candles can create major romance, the more candles the merrier. These taper holders are especially after our hearts.
1. CB2 Colada pineapple vase & planter – $5.95
2. Williams-Sonoma Gold Pineapple Cocktail Shaker – $79.95 (15% off when you sign up for email)
3. Society6 Golden Pineapple Throw Pillow Cover – $18
4. Anthropologie Marble & Acacia Cheese Board – $68
5. Bloomingdales Pineapple Tumbler – $35 (Now 25% off!)
6. Anthropologie Pineapple Taper Holder – $36
These gifts are sure to be the pineapple of their eye.
S & Tasha
While you’re out there buying gifts for everyone on your list, don’t forget about yourself. 40% off everything, for the first time in this retailer’s history is just one more reason to treat yourself! Our top J.Crew faves:
My favorite combination: camel + cozy wool. This sweater is the perfect fit for winter and a half tuck into skirts for holiday dressing.
2. Ruffle-Sleeve Top in Merlot – $78
I can’t get enough of this button-down: Tartan plaid is perfect for getting into the holiday spirit.
3. Perfect Shirt in Steward Plaid – $78
Calling all wanderlusting daydreamers, this graphic print tee is so casual cool. (New York, Rome & Paris available, too!)
4. London Destination T-Shirt – $39.50
Baby it’s cold outside, snuggle up in this adorable boyfriend inspired nightgown.
5. Striped Nightshirt – $68
Who says bundling up can’t be cute as a button?
6. Pom-Pom Hat – $39.50
Pair a fun tee with a simple cards and hi-rise jeans for an easy casual look. These striped, relaxed, neutral staples will be on wardrobe repeat all winter long. Use code Monday at check out to receive 40% off your entire order.
This year instead of buying a few different gifts for your girlfriends, consider gifting your whole squad with an activity you can enjoy together, all while supporting local businesses!
1. Natural Glow – In December, visit Boston’s best spray tan salon for Thirsty Thursdays. Enjoy complimentary wine and bubbles with your spray, while you get weekend and holiday party ready. From November 28th through December 22nd, receive $10 in “Glow Cash” with every gift card purchased. Full body sprays start at $50.00.
2. Join the BCAE for an array of classes from cooking to crafting. Coming up in January, an “Adult Retox to Detox” with Mother Juice. Learn how to make a healthy (& tasty!) cocktail on January 12th from 7 to 9PM, Members $25, Non-Members $29. (Check back for a link to buy tickets, once the event goes live!)
3. Sip & Script – Learn hand lettering and calligraphy like the best of ’em, with cocktails of course. Now through Monday: spend $100+ and get 25% off, $75+ and get 15% and $25 or under receive an additional 10% off tickets and merchandise. Private events available.
4. Pop-up Asana – Bend and flow in unexpected places and enjoy the venue after your workout. Breweries, museums, roof tops = check, check, check. Upcoming events:
January 8th – Bend & Brew at Dorchester Brewing
Got a yoga lover on your holiday shopping list? We’ve got some yogi gift ideas, even better- they’re all under $100.
New accessories like a sassy mat (bonus points if you guys spend time gabbing over a slice after class), pretty winter kicks and a reusable water bottle that’s double-sealed, so liquids stay cooler or warmer longer are the perfect way to update their practice.
For those of you who know me IRL, or those connected on snapchat and instagram, you know how obsessed I’ve become with my diffuser. In combination with essential oils, the pair lulls me off to a stress-free sleep every night. Depending on your mood you can customize how to slow it down and relax with a few drops of the right oil. If it wasn’t weird, I would have one in every room of the house.
1. The Essential Wellness Cool Mist Diffuser – $39 (From $59) NOW extra 20% off with code “20PRETTY”
2. ban.do Yoga Mat – $32
3. Swell Champagne Bottles – $35-$45
4. doTerra Essential Oils in Breathe – $22
5. New Balance Lace 88v2 Trainer – $84.50
We all have that one friend who seems to have major wanderlust. They’re constantly rambling off lists of streets to shop on in London or cafes to people watch at in Paris. What’s an Instagram-worthy trip without the newest, prettiest travel essentials?
A blush leather passport case is just as pretty as your passport photo.
Gift cozy with a neutral oversized scarf that can do double duty as a wrap for the constant airport and in-air chill.
Of course your bestie needs a space to store souvenirs (read: high-street trendy pieces minus the shipping costs) you’ve been eying for months now. And bonus points, the leather is completely vegan on this duffle!
Eiffel tower selfies? Yes! Yes! Yes! But first-apply First Aid Beauty! Those trans-Atlantic flights can be such a drag on your skin!
This nail polish set comes in a travel safe size, perfect to take with you and keep your manicure fresh while you’re on the go!
A journal is a must for jotting down favorite locations, memories and keeping track of itineraries. This one perfectly matches our favorite passport can too! Plus, get 25% off custom journals until November 21st at Paper Source.
1. GiGi New York Passport Case – $54 (from $67)
2. Free People Kolby Brushed Scarf – $48
3. Sole Society Oversized Vegan Weekender – $84.95
4. First Aid Beauty Beautique – $48 ($95 value!)
5. Clix Travel-Friendly Nail Polish Set – $25
6. Paper Source Watercolor Happy Journal – $12.95
Your jetsetter bestie’s packing checklist = done. With all of these gifts under $100 – you might as well book a ticket yourself. Next stop: Champs-Elysees or maybe Oxford Street.
I’m so excited to kick off the 2016 gift guide with the perfect gifts for your holiday hostess, sponsored by Cost Plus World Market. From friendsgiving to your significant others’ family party and all of the holiday gatherings in between, it’s in poor taste to show up empty handed, but rest assured, Cost Plus World Market has you covered with the perfect hostess gift.
Wine or bubbly is always a hit, as a very traditional hostess gift. Switch it up this year with a bottle of rose, that’s as pretty as your host. Serve it up with some unexpected gold or luxe-marble bar accessories.
The idea of giving a live gift might be a little intimidating but these plants all require very light care. Better yet, they provide beautiful greenery and will keep your hosts’ home pretty, long after the holidays have passed. Upgrade the burlap by replanting in a terra-cotta pot before gifting.
The best part? All of these gifts are under $50 each, so pick a few or buy one that you’ll know your host will love. If you pick a few, you can even break up the sets and use one now and one for the party next week!
1 . Mini Olive Tree – $19.99
2. Live Ivy Topiary Plant – $49
3. Live Lemon Cypress Tree – $29.99 – $39.99
4. Rose, rose, rose – Price varies by store (unfortunately not available online – I tried)
5. Mid Century Bottle Stoppers – $11.99 (set of two)
6. White Stone with Gold Wine Stopper – $16.99
7. Small Antler Wreaths – $29.99 (set of two)
8. Marble & Gold Bar Set – $39.99
9. Cheers & Party On Bottle Openers – $13.99 (set of two)
10. Marble Hexagon Coasters – $12.99 (set of four)
11. Marble Paddle Cutting Board – $14.99
12. White Marble Cheese Slicer – $12.99
Shop locally at Shopper’s World in Framingham. If you haven’t been over here yet, you’re crazy, it’s a quick 25 minute drive from Boston!
Last weekend I took a leaf peeping ride out to the Mohawk Trail in Western Mass to soak up the orange, yellow and red fall foliage. If you’re looking for a mini-weekend getaway, the towns lining the trail are brimming with New England charm, ripe for exploring!
With the cooler weather, I’m constantly reaching for a comfy and cozy sweater. For my road trip, I paired a burgundy French Connection cable-knit sweater (similar) with this denim mini skirt. Pairing a comfy/cozy sweater with a mini skirt or skinny jeans offsets any fears of boxiness. Just add your favorite pair of booties!
Free People sticks and stones sweater – $108 (Plus $25 off!)
GAP denim button up mini skirt – $39 (From $49)
Barbour Montrose quilted jacket – $219
Cole Haan Dey bootie – $112 (Plus 25% off)
Added a $25 burgundy sweater option below:
During college I spent a few years living in the North End, one of my favorite apartments (yes, there were many) was on a small alley off of Salem Street. Since those days many new restaurants and shops have popped up, but one favorite is still thriving, Shake The Tree, nestled at 67 Salem. Shake The Tree’s owner, Mirian, has had the boutique for nearly 20 years, ten of those in this famous-for-pasta neighborhood.
The boutique is filled with things Marian loves, inspired by her world travels and love for vibrant colors, intricate details and relationships with makers. You’ll find everything you need for an intimate gathering with girlfriends, from what to wear, to bar cart accessories and a drink recipe to whip up with said accessories.
On a recent trip in I fell absolutely in love with this Shearling Vest by Elan Usa. The oversized asymmetrical cut makes this vest extra cozy, like wrapping yourself in a cloud (cliche, I know, I know, but try it on and you’ll agree). I added a Daniel Rainn burgundy top, dark skinny denim and nubuck booties to balance out the look.
Keep up with new arrivals via their instagram here. If you’re driving over, Shake validates parking in Parcel 7 garage above Boston Public Market.
Photo cred: Katie Salerno.
Late October means I’m rotating shades of berry lips from now until mid-December, when the switch to holiday reds and pinks comes into play. A few of my all-time faves below, from deep color to just a tint (hint) of berry.
Cargo Essential Lip Color in Napa – $22
Clinique Pop Matte Lip Colour + Primer in Avant Garden Pop – $18.50
Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Magenta – $26
Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Pearlescent Wine – $24