I’ve got some of my tried and true vegan recipes for you guys in partnership with one of my favorite, local food brands, first up–the best vegan avocado toast.
Let me back up a bit. I haven’t shared food related content on here in quite some time. When I first started my blog I occasionally shared recipes that I was loving but as my jobs got more demanding my cooking and food shopping fell into more of a habit vs. something I enjoyed doing. You know, when you get home from work the last thing you want to do is prep and dive into creating a two hour recipe. Or head to the store to find an ingredient you didn’t realize you needed. So, I started making things that were super simple, 1/2 hour long to prep and cook max, over and over again, except on an occasional Sunday when I have a whole afternoon to prep and go to the market and actually be inspired.
Recently, Little Leaf Farms reached out to me to partner on some recipes. It was honestly the most easy “yes” I’ve had since my engagement, LOL! I exclusively buy Little Leaf Lettuce every week (at least two packs) since I toured the farm two years ago at a blogger event with one of my best friends, Sarah, a Registered Dietitian. It’s grown indoors in Massachusetts, in a state of the art facility that was mesmerizing to watch. It’s seriously just so fresh, the lettuce crunches in your mouth!
So let’s kick things off with a recipe for vegan avocado toast that won’t leave you starving two hours later and a giveaway for a month’s worth of lettuce blends from Little Leaf Farms!
I could eat this vegan avocado toast EVERY morning, and believe me, I sometimes go on kicks where I do, usually until I run out of the ingredients. It’s so crunchy, creamy and filling, I literally cannot get enough.
The Best Vegan Avocado Toast Recipe
- 1 slice bread (Try local: When Pigs Fly Six Grain & Pumpkin Seed)
- Vegan nut cheese (home made is preferred)
- 1 ripe avocado
- Dill pickles
- 1 local, ripe, heirloom tomato
- Organic sprouts (I like alfalfa)
- Little Leaf Farms lettuce (I like the Baby Crispy Green Leaf for this one, extra crunch!)
- Toast bread to your liking
- Cut avocado around the middle (not long ways–this will keep the other half good for longer!), cube out the fruit and mash with a fork, sprinkle with crushed red pepper
- Spread vegan cheese to the toast (linking to this in a new post!)
- Spread mashed avocado on top of vegan cheese
- Layer sliced heirloom tomatoes
- Layer pickles
- Layer alfalfa sprouts
- Top with Little Leaf Farms lettuce
And yes, you can easily add meats or egg if you aren’t vegan.
- Follow me on instagram
- Leave a comment with a vegan recipe you’d like to see on my most avocado toast post (LOL!)
- Follow Little Leaf Farms on instagram
Stay tuned for more dietitian approved (yes, Sarah has helped me make sure these recipes are not only great tasting but good for you!) recipes in my stories and here, on the blog!